We spent the next 1 and a half years not attending church. We went to a couple services here or there to try out new places, but we didn't go with any regularity. My husband in particular was really tired of evangelical Christianity, so it was like pulling teeth trying to get him to go to church with me. So we just slept in on Sundays and essentially put our spiritual lives on hold. I know now that you can't actually put your spiritual life on hold - we were going backwards.
Then in December 2022, I got into a vehicle vs train collision. I jumped out of my vehicle about 2 seconds before impact. It was WILD. I was really shaken up by that experience, and at the time I felt that it was really important. Talk about a wake up call. I felt the Lord was calling to me through that experience. He started showing me how selfish we were becoming. I told my husband that we were going back to church. He told me that he wanted to go to an Orthodox church, and I said okay.
We had been to a couple of Orthodox churches during our sporadic church shopping phase. We ended up going back to one of them that we had liked. We've been going there ever since. It's been a big change to be sure. There's so much I didn't know. And there's still so much that I don't know. I feel like I'm just starting my Christian journey.
My intention with this blog is to process my thoughts, learnings, and revelations. I might compare protestantism with orthodoxy here and there. Mostly I hope to share my process and experience in this conversion and see how my journey changes over time.
No comments:
Post a Comment